Welcome to “Moving Image,” our roundup of the best photos from around the world this week.
The following images tell the story of the past seven days’ most compelling events, capturing happenstance moments and monumental occurrences all over the globe.
Our picks for this week are:
1. This portrait of a firefighter in California.U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service firefighter Corey Adams sits on a tree stump as he monitors the Rim Fire on August 25, 2013 near Groveland, California. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
2. This Tough Mudder participant in Scotland.Participants take part in the Tough Mudder endurance event at Dalkieth Country Estate on August 24, 2013 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The world-famous Tough Mudder is military style endurance event over 10-12 miles with various obstacles around the course designed by British Special Forces. (Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)
3. This paddy field in India.An Indian farmer leaves his paddy field for the day on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar, India, Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013. The lower house of Indian Parliament Monday approved a landmark bill that proposes to provide cheaper grain to more than 800 million across the country. (Biswaranjan Rout / AP)
4. This snapshot from the Janmashtami Hindu Festival in England.Laxmipriya Patel (L), aged 20, dressed as the Hindu god Lord Krishna, and her sister Mohini Patel, aged 13, dressed as Lord Krishna’s devotee Radharani, walk through the George Harrison Memorial Garden during the Janmashtami Hindu Festival at Bhaktivedanta Manor on August 28, 2013 in Watford, England. (Christopher Furlong / Getty Images)
5. These Russian planes near Moscow.A mixed flight group of Strizhi and Russkie Vityazi (Russian knights) perform during the MAKS-2013, the International Aviation and Space Show, in Zhukovsky, outside Moscow, on August 27, 2013. (Kirill Kudryavtsez / AFP / Getty Images)
6. This photo taken on the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington in D.C.People sit in the rain during a ceremony to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom , August 28, 2013 in Washington. It was 50 years ago today that Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have A Dream Speech” on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. (Mark Wilson / Getty Images)
7. This cave dwelling in Jerusalem.Palestinian Khaled Zir sits with his children inside a cave in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan, Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013. Zir said the family moved into a cave after their home was demolished by Israeli authorities. (Sebastian Scheiner / AP)
8. This flood in India.Indian men sit on the roof of a house which is submerged in the flood waters of the River Ganges after heavy monsoon rains in Salori, India, Monday, Aug. 26, 2013. India’s monsoon season, which runs from June through September, brings rains that are vital to agriculture but also cause floods and landslides. (Rajesh Kumar Singh / AP)
9. This volleyball game in Japan.Yukiko Ebata of Japan spikes against Italy’s blockers during their World Grand Prix Finals woman’s volleyball match in Sapporo, northern Japan, Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013. Japan won by 3-0. (Koji Sasahara / AP)
10. This image of the Gaza Strip in Palestine.Palestinian children sit on a donkey in a poverty-stricken district of the town of Khan Younis where they live with their families in tents in the southern Gaza Strip on August 27, 2013. (Mahmud Hams / AFP / Getty Images)
11. This amazing scene in Washington, DC.A tribal dancer performs at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC, on August 28, 2013 during a ceremony to commemorate of the 50th anniversary on the March on Washington, the civil rights watershed where Martin Luther King Jr famously declared: “I have a dream.” (Jewel Samad / AFP / Getty Images)
12. This wildfire in Spain.A man looks on at the site of a wildfire in Cualedro, near Ourense on August 24, 2013. (Pedro Armestre / AFP / Getty Images)
Let us know your favorite photos in the comments section and check back next week to see new images.
This story appears in Issue 64 of our weekly iPad magazine, Huffington, in the iTunes App store, available Friday, August 30.
Link to article: www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/week-in-photos_n_3837293.html?utm_hp_ref=travel&ir=Travel